Whether it’s in your town or a day’s walk into the mountains, we can design and/or build a high quality, safe, and maintainable trail system for the best price-value possible.
For design and layout, we work with:
- City planners, greenbelt and park designers
- Private landowners
- Non profit corperations and landowners
- Federal, state and local trail managers
- Historic preservationists
- Travel and tourism professionals
- Transportation planners and engineers
- Land trust and conservancy
- Landscape architects and engineering consultants
- Park and recreation specialists
- Health professionals
Work with landowners and volunteer organizations:
- Directing volunteer crews
- Construction in non-volunteer situations
- Expertise and experience
- Low impact specialized equipment
- Environmentally safe materials
- Specialized bridge construction
- Specialized paving equipment
- Licensed blasting experience
Trails enhance the activities available to residents and tourists alike. Both bring income to the area. Having a sustainable trail system that invites people to experience the natural beauty of the area enables people to exercise, explore, play, learn about nature, geology or geography, or just be alone. Everyone—young children, the elderly, joggers, and the handicapped are enjoying the advantages of well-planned, sustainable trail systems.
For the last four years Don Hays has been traveling to the Philippines where he leads a Series of projects constructing new trails for the province of Camarines Sur, in southern Luzon. The main goal being training the local indigenous villagers in sustainable trail construction and maintenance techniques. Don has completed work with two villages (meeting and training 26 people) with another four geographic locations left to complete. The ultimate goal of the work is to bolster eco-tourism in the areas and provide jobs for the local villages.